It is not necessary to have a very large kitchen to be able to have a small dining room or “office” to eat “daily” in it. The trend of open the kitchen to the living room a fact that the traditional kitchen table has been replaced in many cases by islands, peninsulas or Glass walls visually connected the dining room.
It is true that the lack of square meters and the duplicity of functions of having two dining tables, makes it illogical to have two eating areas at home (the office in the kitchen and in the living room). This circumstance has made more and more people “sacrifice” the kitchen eating area to give that space to the dining room.
However, another option to consider, and for which more and more people choose, is to do the opposite. This is, give up the living room dining room to install one in conditions in the kitchen or open kitchens.
And by dining room in the kitchen we mean one well designed, suitable for entertaining and, that in the case of open kitchens it also serves as a transition between the kitchen and the living room.
Installing the dining room in the kitchen has many advantages. The floor on which the dining room will be located will be the kitchen floor (generally ceramic) which will make cleaning easier and it will also be very comfortable to pick up and set the table in the kitchen and have enough space to eat comfortably.
Keys to have put the dining room in the kitchen
- It is a space that you will use daily so do not be afraid give you the space you need. Better a comfortable and beautiful dining room than an uncomfortable island.
- Just because it is in the kitchen does not mean that the table has to be made of glass or melamine. The treated natural wood or the elegant marble or porcelain finish that imitate it they are also for the kitchen.
- As with the tables, that the chairs are not kitchen. They can be bistro style, rattan or even with textile covering.
- And whenever you can place a bank. If it is not textile, at least include large and beautiful cushions.
- To give it the importance it deserves, always place a pendant lamp or even two if it is large, on the dining table.
- In short, set up the dining room in the kitchen as if it were the living room. It will make the whole kitchen more lively and comfortable.
Inspiration for dining rooms in kitchen or in transition between kitchen and dining room
This image reflects the transition of the zones very well. In fact, the table shares the two pavements.
Pay attention to the XXL size of this lamp that gives the dining room the importance it deserves.
When there is no different floor or laminate has also been used in the kitchen, the kitchen and dining room are more elegant. The lamp also helps to reinforce this feeling.
The classic “office” taking advantage of the wall of the window that opens to the rest of the house to place a bench.
The same resource in this other smaller office, but no less important in design.
No fear of textiles in this other image. That it is small does not mean that the dining room is not elegant thanks to the bench upholstered in yellow.
Another way to make the dining room stand out is with paint. Painting your walls (and even ceiling) with another tone, or with wallpaper, zones it and gives it the importance it deserves.
It has inspired us:
In walnut and midcentury style this Rivet table by € 229.99
Amazon Brand – Rivet – Mid-Century Minimalist Dining Table, 134.8cm Wide (Walnut)
Set of 2 Dining Chairs with Padded Seat and Back with Discounted Velvet Cover. Previous price
€ 86.99 and current € 83.99
HOMCOM Set of 2 Dining Chairs with Padded Seat and Back with Soft Velvet Cover and Modern Design Load 120 kg 49x50x77 cm Camel
De La Redoute Canopée ceiling lamp large model, design by E. Gallina regular price
€ 409.00 and now with a 10% discount € 366.99
Large model Canopée ceiling lamp, design by E. Gallina
To follow the natural style, a rattan chair from Kave Home Dewi natural € 85
Cover image of Mikel Irastorza
Similar in Decoesfera | 11 chairs to renovate your dining room before Christmas and give it a new (and sophisticated) look
Kitchen design; the new trends that must be taken into account so as not to make mistakes