Bathrooms that seem less and less bathrooms. That is what you get with smooth or patterned finished walls, but thanks to the wallpaper, not to the drawing of the tiles.
The bathrooms that renounce the classic tiles or porcelain materials they are more and more abundant and judging by the aesthetics we are not surprised.
Its advantages, which we will list later, are many but above all it is worth noting that an untiled bathroom automatically becomes timeless and it becomes a more natural extension of the house. It goes from being the “humid” room to a warm room where sinks and toilets go more unnoticed. As if they were there instead of a dresser or sideboard, almost by accident.
The options, when you want to opt for a wall without tiling are; the rescue microcement or eco cement, whose smooth finishes (no longer have to make water) offer a great variety of colors and textures very similar to the paint finish and that has the great advantage that they can be applied on a tiled wall; the washable paint -valid throughout the bathroom except for the shower or bathtub area-; and the wallpapers that everything is said better that they are vinyl or at least washable.
Advantages of bathrooms without tiling
- The main one and the one that surely is the main reason why this option is chosen is its aesthetics. The smooth surfaces (other than wallpapers), allow you to play with pictures and other furniture such as chairs, stools or even cabinets.
In bathrooms with smooth walls, the colors and finishes of the walls can be matched with those of the rooms it serves, which extends the room and results in an aesthetic timeless. They are ideal in very urban bathrooms (as on the cover) or in a rustic style (below). In fact, in the latter, if the sand finish is chosen, the style of the bathroom already has much gained.
- The fact that free of joints makes wall maintenance easy. In the case of paint and microcements, it can be revised every so often, like paint, without annoying new bathroom works every time it is necessary.
- No works. Or rather without debris. Installing wallpaper or microcement in the bathroom on a tiled wall requires preparation to lay the joints and smooth the wall. But what is not necessary is to raise dust and generate waste by removing the tiles, which also lowers costs.
- In the case of washable wallpaper or paint it must be combined with tiling or porcelain to the wet area (shower and / or bathtub). In addition, in the case that they are bathrooms for children, it is recommended not to bet on this option or at least use a perimeter base because children are more prone to accidents and carelessness with water.
- Cleaning. Although there are no joints, they are a more delicate surface to clean. Here you cannot do a deep cleaning with soap water and even disinfectant (to take into account in times of Covid-19). It is rather a question of passing the magic eraser frequently to keep the walls clean and every so often to do a maintenance rethinking the surfaces.
A good trick to do without tiles or tiles but protect the walls is to play with the base of the sink (raising it) and the mirror (lowering it) to protect the front of the sink.
Has inspired us
A Self Adhesive Vinyl Wall Wallpaper like this one is appropriate to beautify and protect the walls of your bathroom € 27.90
DONLETRA® Self Adhesive Vinyl Wall Paper – 45x500cm – Green Leaves with White Background – Waterproof, Durable and Removable Vinyl, V-MUPA-011
Round mirror of 60 x 60 cms in Amazon from € 72.61
Croydex – Round Mirror (60 x 60 cm)
And another of irregular and organic shape similar to the one on the cover 52 x 100 cm, from € 165.41
YHFX Bathroom Mirror, Simple Frameless Wall Mirror, Beveled, Cosmetic Mirror, 52 x 100 cm, Wall Mountable Vanity Mirrors
A suspended wooden washbasin set (which is the star combination of the untiled walls) that includes a mirror with two drawers, Nebraska Gray Oak, 100 X 55 X 46 cm from € 265.55
Baikal 830134018 Bathroom Furniture Set with Basin and Mirror, Suspended to the Wall, Two Drawers, Nebraska Gray Oak, 100 X 55 X 46 cm
This practical wooden stool / log will add an artisan touch to the bathroom. It’s from Maisons du Monde for € 99.90
CAVALLO.- Handmade teak stool
Cover image project by Z River Studio
Similar in Decoesfera | Mixing tiles, bathrooms that mix two, three or even four tiles in the same space
Seven complements and accessories that you can include in the bathroom, even if they are not designed for the bathroom