Category | Home decor, DIY crafts
A DIY concrete desk lamp is really easy for DIYers to make. It also immediately gives an industrial look to the office, making it more attractive and welcoming.
© Antecini DIY – Youtube channel
In this article we present a video tutorial to make a concrete desk lamp. It is an easy process and can be made comfortably at home with products available in large DIY chains.
What we present to you is a basic version, but for the more grasped and creative it will be really easy to think of possible customizations, such as original color combinations or different shapes. But let’s see how to make a concrete desk lamp with video tutorials.
How to make a DIY desk lamp in concrete with video tutorial: the material
What we need:
- cylindrical mold
- electrical cable
- lamp holder
- insulating tape
- light bulb
- circular cutter
- quick cement
- sand paper
- Make a circular hole in the cylindrical mold chosen for the size of the lamp holder;
- Cut the electric cable of the desired length and fix it to the lamp holder with the appropriate clamps;
- Cover the upper part of the lamp holder and the electric cable with insulating tape;
- Insert the top into the mold with the thread facing out and screw the top. Finally fix the wire with the insulating tape to the side of the mold;
- Prepare the quick cement;
- Fill the mold carefully and help yourself with the hammer to make sure that the concrete descends and no air bubbles form.
- Once the concrete is dry, remove the mold, finish the edges with sandpaper and attach the switch and electrical socket.
- Screw in the bulb and the concrete table lamp is ready!
Video tutorial: How to make a concrete lamp – Design – Do it yourself – DiY
In this article we learned how to make a concrete table lamp to use in your office, truly unique and original.
12 Design Lamps made with concrete … much easier than you can imagine (VIDEO)