The wooden bathtub is a unique project, ideal for those who want to give their bathroom a touch of elegance and refinement. Choosing a wooden bathtub will have beneficial effects on your health, facilitate relaxation and make you feel in contact with nature. Find out how to make a wooden bathtub, what are the benefits and costs for an elegant and refined bathroom.
The wood is a natural material used to make many things: from furniture, to accessories, to tools. In fact, since the past, wood was also used for the construction of small or medium-sized containers, such as tubs, barrels and much more. Until the mid-19th century, wood was also used for making bathtubs.
With the passage of time, the development of technology and the discovery of new materials, led to the realization of bathtubs in many other materials. So, ceramic, cast iron, marble, steel, fiberglass have replaced wood in the construction of bathtubs.
Read also: Industrial-style wallpaper: New York loft sophistication
In recent years, however, it has been registered a turnaround, and a return to origins. L’attention to the environment and, the choice of renewable materials it goes more and more in the direction of a green culture. The wood is once again the protagonist and, it is increasingly used for the creation of many products and objects.
How about making one then wooden bathtub? Which ones are they the advantages of this type of accessory for the bathroom? Find out everything you need to know about choosing a wooden bathtub.
Why choose a wooden bathtub
Use a wooden bathtub has numerous advantages, both from an aesthetic point of view and from a health point of view. Let’s find out all the benefits of wood together.
- Attention to the environment. Wood is a natural material. Use a wooden bathtub makes us feel closer to nature and in tune with the ecosystem.
- Aesthetics. A wooden bathtub it is very elegant and refined. Give a touch of style to your bathroom.
- The wood it’s great conductor of heat, in this way it manages to conserve the accumulated heat and release it slowly during a good relaxing bath.
- Antibacterial. Wood, especially juniper wood, contains a powerful antioxidant, pythoncidere. Present in the wood of the bathtub, it plays aantibacterial and purifying action.
- Relax. Bathing in a wooden tub, it will give a feeling of pleasant well-being and relaxation, thanks to the contact with a natural and ecological material.
You may be interested in: How to choose a hot tub
Which wood to use for your bathtub
What is the best wood to use for the construction of bathtubs? There are many varieties of wood used, more or less suitable. Among the most widespread and particularly appreciated, there is juniper wood, to which, in the oriental tradition they are recognized particular beneficial properties.
You can choose between walnut, ash, poplar, oak, the selection is really long. The choice of one wood over another is linked to some factors such as ease of processing, strength, cost. Depending on your specific needs, you can choose one wood rather than another.
Do you want design advice on how to furnish? Join the group
Characteristics of a wooden bathtub
Each wooden bathtub is a unique project. In fact, let’s not forget that every piece of wood used has some shades and veins that are unique. If you want a wooden bathtub, you are looking for one exclusive piece of furniture.
Regarding the shape, you can choose to customize at will square, oval, rectangular. The dimensions can be both standard and customizable according to specific needs. The wooden bathtubs are built by hand and therefore each project is unique.
DIY wooden bathtub
If you are a DIY lover and, you want to build your own wooden bathtub by yourself, know that it’s not really a simple operation and requires adequate knowledge of wood and its processing. If you can get help and advice from a carpenter.
Let’s summarize the manufacturing process in some basic steps that can help you in the construction of your bathtub.
- The first thing to do is to make a paper project, a sketch of the tub you want to make.
- Get the wood that you like best.
- Cut out the panels in the pieces needed to build the bathtub.
- Assembled the panels, following the project you have previously conceived.
- After you have put all the pieces together and realized the project you have come up with, it is time to proceed with the treatment of the wood, to prevent water leaks.
To make the waterproof wooden bathtub Yes they can use special paints, also used for the varnishing of the wood of boats that have to stay in the water for a long time.
When the project is complete in all its parts, the time has come for installation of the bathtub Wood. Surely you will need help moving the wooden bathtub which will be quite heavy.
The cost of a wooden bathtub
If you are wondering how much does a wooden bathtub cost?, you should know that there are a number of factors affecting the cost. As we have already said, in general it is about unique products, hand made, and therefore more expensive. In general it is also about creations with a particular design which inevitably have a higher cost.
For a wooden bathtub the starting cost is around 700 euros, but it can also reach more important figures.
Wooden bathtub: pictures and photos
If you want a bathtub with a unique and refined design, you must choose a wooden bathtub. Browse the gallery and let yourself be fascinated by our selection of wooden bathtub models.